- Heat treating bamboo
- Why not to buy a titanium bike frame
- Bamboo Bike #2 – The Daisy
- Choosing the bamboo for your frame
- bio-resins – alternatives to epoxy resin
- Bamboo Bike Frame Strength Test
- An all carbon bike?
- Foam & carbon
- Bamboo Bicycle Club Live Challenge – another great initiative!
- The progressing Panda
Monthly Archives: June 2010
I’ve flown up to Queensland this week to see Bamboo Australia and their amazing supply of bamboo. Arrived there today and spent a good 3 hours breaking the ears off the lovely staff and asking possibly too many questions. Here’s … Continue reading
Today we started the process of learning about how to make joints with bamboo. Using a Dremel we cut mitres into the 3 bits of wood and then stuck them together with an epoxy paste. Once that’s dry we’ll start … Continue reading
Titanium seems to top the list in CO2 footprint… ouch!
I’ve been researching bio resins for use in the bamboo frames and discovering a whole beautiful world of people making resins out of things like soy. There’s an interesting PDF here that details the environment costs and benefits of creating … Continue reading